Tuesday, December 1, 2009

First Date Convo's...

Some people LOVE first dates but they are not the majority.  I honestly can say I usually really enjoy them - I love meeting new people and learning about them. Knowing that I am in the minority I thought I would jot down a few ideas for those who might find it daunting...

I think there are a few key principles to keep in mind before I even start on my list:
a) Whatever the topic - keep it light!
b) Ask a lot of questions but this is not a job interview...show that you are genuinely interested but make sure you are also listening (I think this is the part some struggle with...).

Sample Topics -
  • Travel
  • Family, childhood, where you grew up
  • Favorite restaurants in town (you could find a new favorite!)
  • Ask about their friends and what they like to do in their free time
  • Career
You can always try these unique conversation starters that make me laugh.

Dangerous Territory -
  • Discussing past relationships.
  • Showing too much enthusiasm with regards to marriage & children (wanting or not wanting them).
  • Sharing too much information about your dysfunctional family.
  • Getting into a heated discussion about politics or religion.
We all want to be a closer but fellas please...pay attention to the signals...


...happily, kim

No comments:

Post a Comment