Friday, July 22, 2011

Finding Love a Comic Con

I am not a comic book fan. I have not seen every Batman movie or even every Superman move (I think there are fewer).  But I LOVE Comic Con.  Truth be told, I have never actually been inside - I do not have the foresight to purchase tickets 7 months in advance and within a 2 hour window.

But I LOVE Comic Con. I love the people watching. I love how the entire city of San Diego transforms into a series of video games and characters I've never even heard of. I LOVE the passion. I love that people come from all over the world to celebrate, for all intensive purposes, cartoons.

If you're a SciFi geek or Comic Book nerd (used affectionately, of course) this is your weekend to shine!  And more importantly, find that special someone that shares the same passion as you.  How does one navigate this maze of people to not only find someone who is single but who underneath the costume you might actually like?

The keys to meet your Comic Match are in your outfit and where you go!  First of all, if you've got it, flaunt it! Wonder Woman is hot, confident and really says you are not screwing around!  And I have no idea who this "Angel of Fire" is but she looks pretty rocking to me.  Just remember, your costume should be a reflection of your personality.  This is key to conveying who you are before even meeting someone - this way, the right people approach you!


Where you go?  I'm talking after parties and hot spots around town.  Lou & Mickey's & Donovan's are outfitted with video games so if that's your thing I would head to a spot like that. Fluxx is a local night club featuring Snoop Dogg tonight. Even Basic is retrofitted for the occasion. And take advantage of all that time waiting in line at the expo! Strike up a conversation with strangers - even ones you might not think you are attracted to.  You just never know!

Naturally shy or introverted? Use some witty one-liners to get the conversation started! Such as -
* Are you always dressed as the Green Lantern or do you sometimes don the Superman get-up?
* If you were a superhero, who would you be? (Use only on someone NOT dressed as a superhero.)
* Have you checked out the giant Smurf? Think Smurfette is pissed she's not here?
* Do you always wear a cloak and carry a wand or only when you're off to fight Voldamort?

Most importantly...have fun, talk to strangers and take lots of pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment