Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Anthology's Weekend of Love...


What says romance better than live music? Guessing maybe the genre is important here -  metal rock and gangsta rap are not so romantic? But jazz or big band -  now we're talking!  Combine great music with incredible food and an amazing venue and you, my friend,  have planned the perfect evening for your date! It's my personal belief that Anthology is one of downtown's best kept secrets or maybe misconceptions.  When I hear people rattle off great music venues I regularly hear House of Blues, Belly Up and The Casbah but rarely do I hear Anthology. Folks I have to tell you, you are missing out.  They have one of the hottest chefs in town, an amazing multi-level venue and are booked with incredible talent almost every night of the week.  Perhaps it's their location that is their downfall - a bit off the beaten path of the rest of downtown's hot spots.  All that says to me is better parking!  Or maybe when people here "jazz club" they think stuffy suits, red carpet walls and a smoke filled room (although we are in California) - these are all sad misconceptions. 
View of stage & levels at Anthology


The Weekend of Love line-up:

February 11th - Michael Franks
February 12th - Motown Revue
February 13th - Taboo Band - A Tribute to Sada

Valentine's Day - Big Band Sinatra & a special Prix Fix 3 or 4 course menu which includes a champagne toast.

I truly believe that love is in the air this year at Anthology. 

For tickets and complete details , see Anthology's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment