Sunday, January 10, 2010

Your relationships are the heaviest component of your life...

I love romantic comedies, I know it's cheesy and probably to blame for most women's unrealistic relationship expectations but I am a sucker for a happy ending. They are like little mini-vacations from reality. I missed the reviews that stated Up in the Air was "romantic and real" or "hilarious and tragic".  I think I must have been blinded by images of George Clooney dancing in my head! This film is a delightfully funny look at a man who has isolated himself from any type of real intimacy (the title of this blog is his quote). My absolute favorite part of the film is when he (Ryan)  is having drinks with his colleague, who is a 23 year old woman (Natalie) who has just been dumped via text message and his multi-city fling, a 34 year old female version of him (Alex). Natalie is obviously distressed by the break up and goes into a small soliloquy about what her expectations were in her future husband - from brunette, to career to the fact that he will drive a 4Runner. I think she may have gone on for six minutes! Alex retorts with at this age I hope he has hair. I think I actually started crying I was laughing so hard. I can say I do remember the days when I had Prince Charming's list of characteristics clearly defined.  I do believe it's important to know what you are looking for in Mr. Right. I'm just of the mindset we can find a middle ground between 23 & 34...



happily,
kim

No comments:

Post a Comment