Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Foot Pop

I recently watched "The Princess Diaries" with Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway (the movie that actually make Anne Hathaway famous) and until now, a secret guilty pleasure. It's a wonderful little flick about a 15 year old girl who finds out that she's a princess and her transformation from tomboy to princess and from girl to woman.  She coins a term in it that I love! The "foot pop" - when a kiss that's so good, your foot just naturally pops up in the air. 

Sometimes its hard to get excited to go out on dates with new people.  There's the pressure...what if we have nothing in common, what if I like him and he doesn't like me, what if she's completely insane. The list of "what ifs" of all of thie things that could go wrong is incredibly long.  So why do we keep doing it? What gets you out the door for the next one? Because there is there is the biggest "what if" of all. What if this is the last first date I ever go on?  

I would like to offer one more bit of optimism - what if, on your first kiss, your foot pops?

No comments:

Post a Comment