Monday, March 8, 2010

Please Be a Man...In Spite of Me



I know, I carry in all of the groceries, order my own drinks and try to fix things around the house...but I do this out of habit. I left home after high school and never looked back - I have never depended on anyone else. Even when I had roommates I was the one that opened difficult jars and bottles, I killed the spiders and put together all of our furniture.  I'm the oldest sibling, I sent out to become independent and successful, I'm too impatient to wait for someone to help me, I don't know why I do it but I do.  What I didn't mean to do was blur the line between pink work & blue work. Now don't get your undies in a ruffle on me and say there is no such thing.  Because, frankly, there is and I love it. I like the door to be opened for me, I like when you help carry in the heavy stuff (not because I can't, but because I think it's thoughtful) and even order my drinks so I don't have deal with some random creep at the bar.  The thing is - I think I forgot how much I like it and it is taking awhile for me to get used to the change. To step back and share some of the load. I just may need a friendly reminder from time to time and for that I am very grateful.

happily, kim

No comments:

Post a Comment