Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mr Postman...

In Starbuck's this morning I started to sing-a-long, "Oh, Mr Postman, look & see if there's a letter in the bag for me".  If it's not ringing a bell, I'm referring to the Marvelettes version not Lily Wayne's.  What a great feel good song - I found myself instantly happier (could have been the steaming cup of joe but we'll assume not).   Then I started chuckling to myself (I'm sure at this point people are staring between the early morning spontaneous singing & random laughter) waiting for a letter - once the only means of communication - must have been torture.  Or is it worse now? Checking your work voicemail, your home voicemail, the cell - a text or a voicemail or anything really? Login - email, Facebook, tweet, something already! Does anyone get excited anymore when they check the mail? A friend of mine has a stationary business and often reminds us the lost of art of the written note and I have to admit I LOVE when I get letters. But I also love sweet voicemails, funny emails & even a nice post on my Facebook wall.

If you like someone let them know - whatever your preferred form of communication.

...happily, kim

No comments:

Post a Comment